Investing in the right kind of remodeling project this 2015 takes careful planning. As you know, not all renovation plans pay off generously. Some look real good and can increases the curb appeal of your home, but some simply don’t get enough long-lasting impressions. Whether it’s your landscaping in Des Moines Iowa or your entry door, the goal is making the most out of your budget while getting the best look for your home.
One way to maximize your investment is through properly maintaining parts of your home. For instance, if you recently had a window or roof replacement, how can you keep it in tip-top shape, making it look as good as new for a longer period? We’ve developed a checklist for winter, spring, summer, and fall to help you spruce up your home with just a few tweaks here and there.
- Tune up your heating system. Have a technician check your heat pump or furnace to ensure that it is clean.
- Have your furnace or heat pump checked for carbon monoxide leakage.
- Prevent ice dams through fixing air leaks. Make sure your gutters and downspouts are working properly as well.
- Scan your roof using a pair of binoculars. Look for loose, missing, and broken shingles and call your local roofer for a professional fix.
- Fix roof leakage by getting in touch with an expert contractor like us here at Buresh Home Solutions. We provide various home-improvement services for roofing, siding, windows, decks, and patio covers, and we can also take care of your insulation needs.
Fix roof leakage by getting in touch with an expert contractor like us here at Buresh Home Solutions. We provide various home-improvement services for roofing, siding, windows, decks, and patio covers, and we can also take care of your insulation needs.
- Inspect your roof surface, including its eaves, flashing, soffits, and fascia.
- Make sure your gutters and downspouts are clean and free from debris. Ensure that your drainage system is working properly. Check and repair weak areas.
- Cut off trees that are too close to your roof.
- Trim any shrubs or plants around your home to maintain good landscape appearance. Check weather stripping in your doors and windows.
- Fill in cracks, caulk edges, and repaint your windows as needed. Through painting your windows, you are hitting two birds with one stone: (1) You are adding protection and (2) increasing your home aesthetics. If you need smart color suggestions for your home, don’t hesitate to call us. We have a bucket of surprises for you.
- Clean your siding in Des Moines IA and check for any damage, such as small holes and cracking areas that needs repair.
- Scrub mildew off your house exterior and treat decks for fungus and other growths.
- Dust off your air-conditioner compressor and change the filter of your air-conditioning system.
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors at home and make sure they are working properly.
- Install an outdoor clothesline to use when drying your laundry. This will help you save on energy by skipping the use of dryer.
- Take advantage of sunny days. Clean your windows, doors, siding, and other surfaces.
- Clean your porch floors and mop them using an all-purpose cleaner and some water. If you see a lot of dirt built up, you might need to scrub it thoroughly using a brush.
- Inspect your roof for leaks.
- Make sure your gutters and downspouts are not clogged.
- Check your storm windows, if you have them. Clean them as needed, and don’t forget to seal holes.
- Have your fireplace checked, cleaned, and repaired to avoid fires and poisoning.
- Drain the expansion tank if you use a hot-water system for heating. Check water pressure and bleed your radiators.
Winter, spring, summer, and fall, all you have to do is call us here at Buresh Home Solutions for a range of home improvement services. We only offer the best materials and products on the market to ensure your home’s resilience and beauty for every season and every weather condition. Call us today at (515) 274-2957 for more information on the products and services that we offer.